What we do
The Adult Speech and Language Therapy Service (ASLT) is a countywide service dedicated to identifying and addressing communication and swallowing difficulties.
- We provide expert diagnosis and treatments for people aged 18 years and above
- We create a care plan to suit your needs
- We provide assistance and sign-posting for alternative forms of communication such as charts, books and electronic aids
- We work with other health and social care professionals to ensure the best possible outcomes
- Our trained volunteers can offer short term communication support
- We aim to provide your care close to home
Who do we see?
We help people who have experienced many conditions including the following:
- Long-term conditions (e.g. MS, Parkinson's Disease, Motor Neurone Disease)
- Voice disorders
- Frail and elderly